Notice to Our Customers
- Coronavirus travel restrictions
- Before making a booking
- Limited customer service
- Cancellations & refunds
- Your safety is our top priority
If you plan to travel to the Czech Republic in upcoming days, please check the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic website for up to date details. You might also contact your airline to check whether you are allowed to travel and if your booked flight has not been cancelled. To view a list of resumed routes operating to/from Prague Airport, please click on the link here.
Before making a booking from or to the Airport, please make sure that you are allowed to enter or exit the Czech Republic due to the coronavirus travel restrictions.
CZECH GOVERNMENT DECREE EFFECTIVE 11 May 2020
- A ban on entering the territory of the Czech Republic for all arriving foreigners (tourists) except for foreigners with temporary or permanent residency in the Czech Republic. EU citizens may also enter the territory of the Czech Republic according to the published conditions for the purpose of economic activity or university studies.
- Czech citizens, EU citizens and foreigners with temporary or permanent residency in the Czech Republic, entering the territory of the Czech Republic, are allowed to submit the official certificate with a negative COVID-19 test result not older than four days. The test is done at their expense. In specific cases, the PCR test may be undergone on Czech territory within 72 hours after entry, and the locally relevant regional hygienic station must be immediately informed about passing the test. Also, the medical certificate on passing the test on the territory must be submitted to the locally relevant regional hygienic station. Otherwise, they are subject to a fourteen-day mandatory quarantine, subject to exceptions.
- All Czech citizens, foreigners with temporary or permanent residency in the Czech Republic, and foreigners (tourists) may travel abroad and leave the Czech Republic.
All information is subject to change and it is recommended to review all exceptions and conditions to travel to/from the Czech Republic, by visiting the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic’s website.
Due to recent current events and limited number of drivers, we are able provide bookings only with 12hrs notice.
To minimize all risks, we regularly check cars and communicate with our drivers about the best and most effective ways to prevent infection. Drivers are required to follow our safety protocol, and in particular they must wear protective masks and disinfect their cars after each ride. Drivers are also often temperature-tested, and are only allowed to drive if they have no fever symptoms.
We also kindly ask our customers to wear a face mask, scarf or anything that covers your mouth and nose while using our transport service. Passengers are also advised to use hand sanitizer before entering the vehicle. We recommend you sit in the back seats and when possible, open the window to provide extra air ventilation. When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth with your elbow or handkerchief.
Although we still provide shared shuttle transport, we highly recommend booking only the private transport options.
Our call centre operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Coronavirus (COVID-19): our phone support is not available at this time
Czech Republic (+420) 222 554 211
Czech Republic 800 870 888 (local free phone)
UK London (020) 7043 1191
USA (516) 340-3070
Germany (0) 692-22246101
Italy (02) 3604 8261
Spain (91) 1871694
France 01 70 70 79 76
Netherlands (20) 8005038
Norway (21) 031314
Sweden 08 - 50 638 361
Denmark 78 77 33 71
Finland (09) 4241-7783
Company Registration No.
- Tax ID: CZ-27593622
- Czech Republic
Need a Transfer Now?
You can book transfer online up to 30 minutes prior to your pickup.
For earlier bookings, please book your transfer via our call centre.
On most occasions we deliver your car in max. 15 minutes if your pickup is in Prague City Centre.